Membership (join or renew)
Become a member of NAMI North Carolina and join North Carolinia’s largest grassroots organization dedicated to improving the lives of people with mental illness. NAMI North Carolina’s membership community is over 1,600 strong and growing. With your membership, our voice grows that much stronger.
As a member you will:
- Receive updates about mental health care issues and developments across North Carolina;
- Have a voice in determining NAMI North Carolina goals and priorities;
- Receive NAMI North Carolina’s Clippings and monthly emails on local mental health advocacy, events and programs;
- Receive a subscription to The Advocate NAMI’s quarterly magazine, as well as access to optional subscriptions to on-line specialty newsletters;
- Receive local affiliate newsletter (if available)
- Borrow books and other resources from the NAMI North Carolina Lending Library;
- Vote and have a voice in NAMI North Carolina and NAMI National board elections or Bylaws Changes;
- Receive member discounts on brochures, videos, promotional items, and registration at NAMI North Carolina Annual Conference and NAMI’s Annual Convention
- Participate in educational programs, support groups, psychoeducational groups, etc. – all free of charge to participants;
- Join a diverse community of like minded individuals acting to improve the lives of people affected by mental illness in North Carolina.
NAMI North Carolina is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization providing support, education and advocacy driven by the involvement and support of our dedicated members and volunteers. Your membership helps keep all of our programs and services free of charge to participants and sends a message to legislators and supporters that NAMI North Carolina represents a unified and growing community of mental health consumers, family members, friends, and providers.
By joining NAMI North Carolina you automatically become a member of the state and national organizations, as well as the local if there is one in your area. For a list of local affiliates, click here.
How to become a member: