NAMI Coastal Division
- Our mission is to provide programs of education and support for those living with mental illness as well as their family members. NAMI-CD is a non-profit local affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness serving Carteret and Onslow counties, including Morehead City, Jacksonville, and Swansboro and the surrounding area. Our mailing address is NAMI – CD, PO. Box 301, Morehead City, NC 28557. For more information, contact Sally Waters email@example.com or Ernst Hayman firstname.lastname@example.org
- For help in Crisis call (Toll Free) 855-345-1200 24 hours/7days.
- President – Sally Waters 252-354-4722
- Vice President – Ernst Hayman 252-728-5298
- Secretary/Treasurer – Doug Halliday 252-393-8671
- Support Group Facilitator – John Gaskill 252-838-0017
Our business/education meetings are held on the second Saturday of each month (except during July and August.) at 9:30 a.m. at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church in Morehead City. Visitors are welcome.
Our support groups are led by trained facilitators and include both those living with mental illness as well as family members and friends. Our support group meets 7-9 pm on the 1st, 3rd, & 5th Tuesday evenings at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church in Morehead City. On the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays we meet 7-9 pm at First Baptist Church Gum Branch Road in Jacksonville. For more information contact John Gaskill at 252-838-0017.
Family to Family Classes
Our trained teachers offer this free 12 class series with practical information for family members and caregivers on serious brain disorders, diagnoses, & treatment as well as problem solving and communication skills.
Family to Family classes will meet Thursdays 6:30-9 pm, Sept 12, 2013 thru Nov. 21, 2013, at First Baptist Church Gum Branch Road in Jacksonville. To register, call 252-354-4722 or email@example.com. Class size is limited – call soon!
Family to Family classes will also meet each Tuesday 6:00-8:30 pm, beginning Oct. 1, 2013, at Faith Evangelical Bible Church, 8170 Hwy. 70, Newport. To register, contact Joy Garner 252-638-9437 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our newest program, NAMI BASICS, is a free 6 class series for parents and caregivers of children diagnosed with mental illness prior to age 13 (no matter what age their child is now,.) BASICS will be taught at First Baptist Church in Jacksonville beginning Thurs. Oct. 10, 2013 and continuing thru Thurs. Nov. 21, from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
To register and for more information contact Ernie Hayman email@example.com or 252-728-5298.
Please lend your voice to ours by joining NAMI-CD and automatically become a member of our state and national organizations – NAMI NC and NAMI. Annual memberships are $35; $3 OPEN DOOR for consumers and others of limited income. Please send your name, address, phone number and email (if you wish) along with your check to NAMI Coastal Division, PO Box 301, Morehead City, NC 28557.