NAMI Coastal Division
- Our mission is to provide programs of education and support and advocacy for those living with mental illness as well as their family members. NAMI-CD is a non-profit local affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness serving Carteret, Craven, and Onslow counties, including Morehead City, Jacksonville, and New Bern and the surrounding area. Our mailing address is NAMI – CD, PO. Box 301, Morehead City, NC 28557. For more information, contact Sally Waters firstname.lastname@example.org or Ernst Hayman email@example.com
- For help in Crisis call (Toll Free)1-877-685-2415 24 hours/7days. This is the number for Trillium Health Care Resources, the managed care oversight agency for our area of North Carolina.
- President – Sally Waters 252-354-4722
- Vice President – Ernst Hayman 252-728-5298
- Secretary/Treasurer – Doug Halliday 252-393-8671
- Support Group Facilitator – John Gaskill 252-838-0017
Our business/education meetings are held on the second Saturday of each month (except during July and August.) at 9:30 a.m. at the Peer Recovery Center, 3900 Bridges Street in Morehead City. Visitors are welcome.
Our support groups are led by trained facilitators and include both those living with mental illness as well as family members and friends. One of our support group meets 7-9 pm on the 1st, 3rd, & 5th Tuesday evenings at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church in Morehead City. A second support group in New Bern meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday evenings at Centenary Methodist Church. For more information contact John Gaskill at 252-838-0017.
Family to Family Classes
Our trained teachers offer this free 12 class series with practical information for family members and caregivers on serious brain disorders, diagnoses, & treatment as well as problem solving and communication skills.
Our most recent Family to Family class was completed in December 2015. For information on future Family to Family class scheduling please contact Sally Waters (252)354-4722.
Our newest program, NAMI BASICS, is a free 6 class series for parents and caregivers of children diagnosed with mental illness prior to age 13 (no matter what age their child is now,.) For more information about BASICS contact Lori Foxworth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please lend your voice to ours by joining NAMI-CD and automatically become a member of our state and national organizations – NAMI NC and NAMI. Annual individual memberships are $35; $3 OPEN DOOR for consumers and anyone with income concerns. Please send your name, address, phone number and email (if you wish) along with your check to NAMI Coastal Division, PO Box 301, Morehead City, NC 28557.