NAMI NC Consumer Council
The NAMI North Carolina Consumer Council (NAMI-NCCC) is a group of people with a vast array of interests and talents who have been diagnosed with a Mental Illness. Our members are committed to NAMI’s mission to improve the lives of those with mental illness and their families.
(Not to be confused with North Carolina Consumers Council. The North Carolina Consumers Council (NCCC) is a nonprofit consumer advocacy organization that works toward consumer protection and rights NOT relating to consumers of mental health services.)
The NAMI Consumer Council was formed to advance the activities and involvement of the consumer membership of NAMI at the local, state and national levels by actively participating in advocacy issues and program development. This will be achieved by: out for their rights, as well as following their own unique personal dreams within their individual lives and their local communities.
General Purpose – The NAMI North Carolina Consumer Council is formed to advance the activities and involvement of those NAMI-NC members who have personally experienced a serious mental illness, hereafter referred to as consumer members, at the local and state levels by actively participating in advocacy issues and program development. This will be achieved by:
- Supporting the mission of NAMI-NC.
- Communicating the mission of NAMI-NC through active participation in the consumer movement.
- Advising the NAMI-NC Board of the perspectives of their consumer members.
- Working to enhance the respect, dignity and human rights of mental health consumers.
- Empowering and educating mental health consumers to address their issues around care, treatment, services, mutual support and consumer rights.
- Maintaining a productive and accountable Council.
- Disseminating information and providing skills training for consumers attending the Annual NAMI-NC Spring Conference.
NAMI NC Consumer Council Conference Calls are every first Thursday of the month. If you are interested in participating on these calls please contact Gloria Harrison at 800-451-9682 or email@example.com.Marc Jacques – Wake Chair firstname.lastname@example.org Laura Goddard – Wake Vice Chair email@example.com David Girod – Alamance At Large firstname.lastname@example.org Diana Marsh – Forsyth At Large email@example.com Jennifer Overfield - Wilmington At Large firstname.lastname@example.org Kent Goddard – Wake At Large email@example.com Major Sampson – Rowan At Large firstname.lastname@example.org Simon Ayun – Guilford At Large email@example.com
Consumer Council Operating Procedures – NAMI North CarolinaConference Call Minutes:
January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 August 2012