What is the Dogwood Circle?
- A group of NAMI NC supporters who have chosen to share their legacy in a variety of ways.
- A wonderful opportunity to leave a lasting legacy far into the future.
- Leave a legacy now that will change lives presently as well as ensuring support for NAMI NC in the future.
Gifts That Makes an Impact Forever
As you confer with your trusted advisor about your estate, consider a charitable impact that will have an impact forever. With a legacy gift made to NAMI North Carolina, you can ensure ongoing mental health support, education, and advocacy long into the future.
- Bequest: You can name NAMI NC to receive a specific percentage of your estate.
- IRA Charitable Rollover: Taxable income from your IRA distribution can be reduced by making a charitable donation directly to NAMI NC from your IRA.
- Beneficiary Designation: Name NAMI NC as beneficiary to your IRA or other tax deferred account to receive all or a portion of your account.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: Create a charitable remainder trust through your attorney. You can receive income each year, either fixed or variable, from assets you place in your trust.
- Charitable Lead: Create a trust that stipulates an amount to go to NAMI NC for a specific period of time.
- Gifts of Insurance: Designate NAMI NC as the beneficiary and/or owner of a policy you no longer need.
- Gifts of Stocks and Bonds: Donating appreciated securities, including stocks and bonds, in an easy and tax-effective way to make a gift to NAMI NC.
- Other Giving Options: Gifts of cash can also be made, either as a one-time gift, or as accumulated giving to meet a threshold of $10,000+.
Benefits of Planned Giving:
- Noticeable tax advantages.
- Donor can designate where the money goes.
- Donors can create a lasting legacy